COVID-19 and CCLA Events and Operations
March 11, 2020
Updated Wednesday, April 8
The County of Carleton Law Association is carefully monitoring the COVID-19 novel coronavirus situation with regard to our Courthouse operations and our conferences and events.
- The library is unstaffed as of Monday, March 16, 2020, and will remain so until further notice, on the advice of public health agencies and Courthouse management.
- Access to the Library is prohibited.
- Limited legal research assistance can be provided by e-mail only. Please email email@example.com, and expect a longer response time.
Association & Membership Services
- No association or membership services will be available on-site as of Monday, March 16, 2020. This includes paying for membership on-site, getting new membership cards, or payment for lockers. For any questions at all to do with CCLA membership or lockers, please email Sonia Morin.
- Access to the lounge and robing room is prohibited. If you require access to the basement robing rooms or an accessible washroom, please see Courthouse security.
- The CCLA website, social media, special announcement emails, and Wednesday newsletter will continue to be updated. If you wish to submit an ad to the Wednesday newsletter, the normal practice applies.
- The CCLA Executive and Board of Trustees will continue to meet electronically during this time. Please email Executive Director Rick Haga if you have any concerns or comments you would like to bring forward to the Board.
Events & Meetings
- All event registrations are on hold until further notice. Please see our Events page for the full list. This includes:
- CCLA AGM + Awards Dinner
- Annual Institute of Family Law
- East Region Solicitors Conference
- Revised dates for events that will be postponed will be published on the CCLA website and announced through email when available.
- The CCLA Law Day Fun Run & Walk has been cancelled.
- All previously-scheduled committee meetings will be either cancelled or carried out remotely, at the discretion of committee chairs. Information will be provided to attendees directly.
- No new meetings will be booked in the CCLA meeting rooms until a return to work date has been decided.
- No CCLA Event staff will be on site effective Monday, March 16, 2020. If you have any questions about CCLA events, please email our events staff.
As needed, we will provide updates of local relevance and post updates on our website. If you have any concerns or comments at all, please email Rick Haga. For general court information, please always refer to the Ontario Court of Justice and Superior Court of Justice websites.
We wish all of the Ottawa legal community health and safety during this time.