The Objectives Of The County Of Carleton Law Association Are To Promote Justice and Advance The
Interests Of Its Members By:
- Advocating to protect and promote the interests, image, and reputation of the legal
- Providing quality, inclusive, accessible, and relevant continuing professional development
- Liaising with the profession, the Judiciary, government, its legal partners, and the broader
- Providing guidance and leadership in the challenges facing the Ottawa legal community
- Providing access to quality legal research and library services
- Promoting collegiality among its members
Strategic Directions (2020 - 2025)
- The CCLA shall continue to champion access to justice, equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- The CCLA shall engage in proactive advocacy on behalf of its members and for the benefit of
- The CCLA shall engage in activities to improve the image and reputation of legal professionals
in the community.
- The CCLA shall seek to attract as members a greater percentage of the legal professionals in
the Ottawa community, while maintaining its existing membership.
- The CCLA shall facilitate mentorship to enhance professional competency and socialization, and
to provide personal support to its members.
- The CCLA’s networking activities and continuing professional development events shall consider
collegiality, accessibility, inclusion, and relevance.
- The CCLA shall leverage technology for the benefit of its members.
- The CCLA shall foster and strengthen partnerships with external organizations in fulfilling its