Consolidated Court & Legal Organization Closures and Procedures During COVID-19
March 16, 2020
Note: CCLA Staff will be updating this list on an on-going basis but may not always catch updates as they are breaking. Always consult the website of the court or tribunal in question for the most up-to-date information.
Last updated: April 3 @ 9:00 AM.
Weekly Justice Partners Meeting
(OCJ, SCJ, and Court of Appeal Courthouse senior staff, OBA, LAO, LSO, MAG, FOLA and the Advocates’ Society)
- Law Society of Ontario - Q&A Log - April 1, 2020
- COVID-19 - Weekly Call Log - April 1, 2020
- COVID-19 - Weekly Call Log - March 23 - March 27, 2020
- Message from the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association - March 27, 2020
- March 27, 2020 - Meeting
- March 26, 2020 - Meeting
- March 26, 2020 - Questions Tracking to March 25
- March 25, 2020 - Meeting
- March 24, 2020 - Meeting
- March 23, 2020 - FOLA Q&A Tracking
- March 23, 2020 - Meeting
- March 20, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- March 18, 2020
- March 17, 2020
Federal Court of Canada
Federal Court of Appeal of Canada
Federation of Ontario law Associations (FOLA)
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada Tribunal
- Advisory Notice – COVID-19
- All in-person hearings and mediations, other than detention reviews, will be postponed until further notice effective Tuesday, March 17
- Postponed hearings and mediations will be rescheduled promptly
Law Society of Ontario
Legal Aid Ontario
Ministry of the Attorney General
Ontario Court of Appeal
Ontario Court of Justice
Ontario Labour Relations Board
Ontario Superior Court of Justice
Pro Bono Ontario
Supreme Court of Canada
Tax Court of Canada
East Region Courthouses & Law Associations:
- Brockville - Lanark, Leeds, and Grenville Counties
- Please be advised that effective immediately audio remands from OCDC will take place at 9:00 a.m. EVERY MORNING, including Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The teleconference information remains the same as per what was sent out last week, however the schedule will change.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Audio remands (formerly video remands) at 9:00 a.m.
Bail Matters at 9:30 a.m.
Audio remands – 9:00 a.m.
Regular Remands – 9:30 a.m.
Bails – 10:00 a.m.
We ask that you please call in at the appointed times.
- Please be advised that a telephone line has been set up in the cells at the Cornwall courthouse to facilitate private conversations between in-custody accused and counsel, and to facilitate accused interviews with the John Howard Society.
Counsel, Duty Counsel and/or the JHS can call the following number to speak to their clients in the cells. This applies only to accused persons who have been brought to the Cornwall court in person on the day of the scheduled appearance and is designed to facilitate bail hearings and/or guilty pleas.
Telephone number – 613-930-4559
This number will allow for connection to the special constables in the cells and they will then transfer the call to the accused, who will be located in a private room.
- Cornwall duty counsel office is working remotely and no longer has access to the fax machine.
Any written communication for duty counsel should be forwarded via email, please.
For criminal law matters, there is a general mailbox and the address is: email@example.com
To reach a specific member of the Cornwall LAO staff, the email addresses are:
- Chantal Finn-Losier: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Blaise: email@example.com
- Suzanne Farag: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathy Legault: email@example.com
- Josée Quesnel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicky Tyo: email@example.com
- When counsel calls in, the Justice of the Peace will go down the list and deal with any adjournment requests. They will then indicate to counsel who have proceeding bail matters and/or resolution (s.810 matters) in the remand court when they should be calling back.
Teleconference Line: 1-866-633-0848
Conference ID: 6914534
To mute your line so the rest of the participants cannot hear you: *6
To unmute your line when your matter is being addressed: *7
- Kingston - Frontenac, Lennox, and Addington Counties
- RENFREW COUNTY LAW LIBRARY – LIMITED SERVICES OFFERED:
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 precautions being taken across the province and country, the Renfrew County Law Library will be unstaffed until further notice. Librarians will be available by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for remote inquiries, research and the retrieval of case law where available. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.
LIBRARY DOOR LOCKED – COURT HOUSE ACCESS CARD NEEDED FOR ACCESS:
Additionally, the main library door has been locked to prevent public access to our unstaffed library during daytime hours. Access to RCLA Members will be by court house access card only. RCLA Members can contact Ian Kuehl, Library Chair, at email@example.com or Laurie Stoddard, Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a court house access card to be issued (Note: access cards are issued by Courts Administration at their sole discretion). We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause to our out of town colleagues.