Claims Analyst Directors and Officers - ENCON
ENCON Group Inc. is one of Canada's leading insurance management companies which develops and administers insurance programs and distributes them through a network of licensed plan advisors to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers.
At ENCON, we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic & challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and believe in work/life balance.
ENCON is currently recruiting for a Claims Analyst in Ottawa, Ontario
We are currently recruiting for a Bilingual Claims Analyst in our Directors and Officers Department to work with legal counsel to develop and coordinate defense strategies to bring claims to a prompt and final resolution.
• Appoint, direct and work with external legal counsel across Canada and the United States to develop and coordinate defense litigation strategies for the prompt and final resolution of claims
• Review and assess new claims to determine coverage under the applicable insurance contract and take appropriate action
• Determine and report the liability and damages exposure of the insured in respect of a claim
• Coordinate and manage claim files including liaison with insureds, brokers, external counsel and internal clients
• Report to insurance company representatives
• Some travel may be required
• Obtained a LL.B./J.D. or LL.L and have chosen to pursue a career outside the traditional practice of law
• A member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada or another provincial equivalent and have chosen to pursue a career outside the traditional practice of law
• Fluently bilingual in both official languages is mandatory
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in liability insurance and/or corporate/commercial litigation is an asset
• Employment Corporate and/ or Securities law knowledge is an asset
• Effective problem solving and proven analytical skills, organizational and decision making ability in order to develop/implement effective solutions
• High level interpersonal skills required to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
• Service oriented professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed
Please apply at:
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, ENCON will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.