ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We have a career opportunity for the position of Senior Law Clerk for our Advocacy Department to work within a team environment practicing commercial litigation.
• Initiates the organization of and manages files or parts of files;
• Calculates litigation time lines and ensures deadlines are met;
• Liaises with clients and professionals;
• Drafts Court documents such as Affidavits, Motions, Affidavits of Documents, Bills of Cost, etc.;
• Creates a document database, cross-reference production and exhibit documents and maintains disc copies of transcripts for searching purposes using the Summation program;
• Provides litigation support prior to and during trials and hearings. Organizes attendance of witnesses;
• Reviews transcripts to summarize and prepare lists of outstanding items;
• Assembles answers to undertakings;
• Prepares charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence for use on discovery and trial;
• Performs legal research as generally required in preparation of pleadings.
The ideal candidate will have a Law Clerk diploma and a minimum of five years of legal experience as a Law Clerk/Paralegal combined with knowledge of current legal policies and procedures. Other requirements include expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, advanced experience in Summation or equivalent software, the ability to effectively handle large volumes of work, with the ability to work independently as well as actively participate in and support a team. Bilingualism is considered a strong asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to email@example.com including the job title and the code O1853001 in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.