Posted By Administration,
October 2, 2017
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Emond Harnden fosters a spirit of respect and collegiality between Partners, Associates, and staff, and we recognize that in order to provide the level of service our clients expect and deserve, lawyers and staff must be passionate about what they do. At Emond Harnden, our Associates are an integral part of our team, who help build lasting partnerships with our clients. Our Labour and Employment Associate Lawyers are responsible for providing legal, research, and business development services to the firm. We are looking for lawyers who are aligned with our entrepreneurial spirit and who share our drive for delivering high caliber client service.
Specifically, an Emond Harnden Associate will:
• Advise clients directly on workplace issues related to employment standards, human rights, employment contracts, health and safety, workplace policies, HR strategies, education law and language rights;
• Represent employers in collective bargaining, mediations, arbitrations and civil litigation;
• Represent clients in court;
• Draft legal memoranda, opinions, briefs, pleadings and other legal documents;
• Research and analyze documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
• Support the firm’s business development initiatives, identify opportunities to promote brand awareness, and build individual profile.
Education and experience requirements are:
• LL.B or J.D. with excellent academic credentials;
• Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in successful practice;
• Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada.
• Labour and Employment Law
• Civil Litigation
Knowledge and skills the successful candidate would possess:
• Understanding that the true practice of law has a large business development element;
• Willingness or desire to learn about the business of law and the workings of a legal practice;
• Self-confidence, motivation and the ability to network and build a book of business;
• Self-starter and can work independently and with a group;
• Keen attention to detail;
• Ability to meet deadlines;
• Driven, client-focused, and an independent professional who can act as an Ambassador on behalf of the Firm;
• Licensed to practice law in Quebec would be an asset;
• Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset, however it is not a mandatory requirement. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
| Comments (0)